Sunday 29 April 2012

Front cover flat plan + rationale

Mast heading - This is a flat plan for my music magazine, which I have named Fusion. I have chosen to name my magazine that as it is music related as it means a mixture of different types of music used to make popular everyday music. It also one word so with two syllables it is easily remembered and will be spread clearly on the top of my page. I have been influenced by this idea from music magazine KERRANG!

Colour scheme - The colour scheme I have chosen for my magazine is black, white and purple as I think that those colours are suitable for both male and female, who are my target audience. The colours are also very bold and will stand out from one another one the page making my magazine more eye catching to my audience. the black and white will be mainly used to outline headline, titles and images to make them stand out more on the page.

Image - My front cover will contain only one image on the page which is a medium shot of my cover model, it will also be the background of my front cover so that the image is noticed by my audience. The image will be edited into black and white so it goes with the colour scheme and sets a dark rock-like atmosphere so it appeals to my audience, but I also want to edit the cover models hair using photo shop by putting in some coloured streaks (purple) in his hair so he looks more like a rock artist and it will also match the colour scheme. 

Layout - I have set the layout of my front cover so that the main headline is in the centre of my magazine, and other stories and features inside my magazine or placed on either side of the cover model. I think this layout makes my magazine look more organised and the readers can manage to read it easily. I will make sure that each story on my front cover with have a sub heading and will be made slightly bigger so that it catches my audiences eye. I will also have a highlight shape which I've made into a circle, where I will put something that may interest the reader and will hopefully convince to buy my magazine.

Overall, I think this design will work very well and I am happy with the images, colours and layout throughout the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment