Sunday 29 April 2012

Flat plan of DPS + Rationale

Colour Scheme - The colours used in my DPS are the same used throughout the whole of my magazine which make it look more organised and professional for my audience. Although I have kept with the red, white and black colour scheme, I have used coloured images that I have taken to use on one side of the spread. As you can see I have one large image which I plan to use as a main image and then have several images going down that side from it. I plan to use borders in the colour black and red to outline the pictures so that they stand out and that they still fit in with the colour scheme.

Images -  Images I am using in my DPS is one big image and four small images on one side of the page. They will consist of both a boy and girl (friend and brother) as my main story is an interview of a double act. I am going to try and make my images look as natural as i can but may need to edit the lighting in some of them so that my readers can see the picture clearly. My images will be taken behind a clear white wall so that there are no other distractions from the main image and that they don't look too busy. I will also include props in my images, such as microphones and microkorgs. This can indicate what both of my models do (girl is the main singer and the boy plays accompanies her with the music).

Layout and Text-  For the layout of my DPS I have decided to split the pages so that the left side is just images of the duo and the right is the actual article, which is an interview. I have chosen this layout as it will appeal more to my target audience as they wouldn't want to read much and would only like to know the stuff that may interest them in the interview. They may also like to keep the imaged page as a poster. For the title, I am going to use 'FUSIONS INTERVIEW CORNER... WIRED'  in a large, block text so that it stands out on the page. It also shows that my magazine always has interviews in every issue which may interest the reader as they may like reading interviews, therefore will make them carry on buying my magazine every week. In my actual interview I will make sure not to put much text on as it may bore the reader, so I will make sure that my questions are short and simple so that my audience don't lose interest and can read it easily

Overall I am happy with the layout of my DPS and think that there is a good balance of both text and images so that my reader will keep interest when reading and not get bored.







1 comment: