Saturday 28 April 2012

Front cover design changes

As you can see, I have changed the front cover of my magazine several times before I finally came to the final design. For my first design, I went with the colour scheme of black, white and purple as I think it would be suitable for both genders who are my target audience. When recieving feedback from my lecturer and others I found that others wern't too sure sure about the cover model and the amount of text I had on the cover. Even though I liked my design I decided to change everything in order to get a more positive outcome. This include changing the colour scheme, cover model, the font and most of the text.
Here is a picture of my new design of my magazine cover, I have changed the colour scheme, replacing the purple, with red. I felt like the colour was more stronger and stood out more on the page. I also felt that the cover model was better as many of the feedback said that it would be better if the model was facing the camera, instead facing away from it. I also like the the change of font as my magazine looked more proffesional and I compared similarities with music magazine Q. Althoug I like the change of font and cover model, I felt as though my magazine was aiming more at a female audience instead of both genders. Also my lecturer felt that my old magazine design was stronger and preffered it to my new design, therefore I changed this design back to my old one but made slight changes so that the stories in my contents page and double page spread would link to my front cover.


This is my final design of my magazine front cover. I have kept the previous colour scheme as I still thought it was stronger and is suitable for both genders. I like how the cover model and background colour is in black and white as it lets the colour of my text stand out more on the page, unlike my other design where it was difficult to make out some of the text. I have also changed back to my old font as I think it achieves the genre of my magazine, which is a rock magazine, unlike my previous design, where it never looked like a rock magazine at all. Overall, I prefer this design and i am happy that I have changed back to this design as I feel it matches my audience and genre :)

No comments:

Post a Comment