Sunday 30 October 2011

Inspirational music magazine contents pages

For my first inspirational contents page I have chosen from music magazine Kerrang! I like how to colour scheme is kept throughout the contents page with the use of yellow, black and white. These colours work well with each other as the black contrasts well with the yellow and white borders and background. Also the colours chosen for the colours scheme are suitable for both genders. I like how Kerrang! have an organised and structured layout throughout the contents by sectioning their stories under subheadings (Live Review, Features, Gigs...) This makes it easier for the reader to find what they are looking for or what they are interested in.. I also like how they have placed images around the page with the page number next to them as readers may recognise the models in them and would want to read about them. Overall I like Kerrangs This is something I would like to do when designing my contents page.







For my second inspirational contents page, I have chosen from music magazine Q. The colour scheme for this magazine is red, black and white, which contrast well with one another as they are block colours which stand out amongst one another and can be suitable for both genders, hich also meets with their audience of being male and female. I like how the logo of the magazine has been placed in the top left hand corner with it in a red background and contrasts with the white text, which makes the logo easily recognised by readers wherever it is. I like how the image used in the text has been purposely enlarged so that the reader notices it straight away which indicates that there is an interesting story inside and could of also been the headline on the front cover of this magazine. With the picture of the band 'The Couteeners' being quite large it suggests that they are a popular band and most readers would want to know what the article is about. The date and issue number have been placed on the top right hand corner. I like how they have done this as it makes it easier for the reader to see that they are updated with the latest features and news in the magazine. It is something I would also like to use when creating my magazine.



For my third inspiration contents page I have chosen from music magazine NME. The colour scheme has been kept throughout the magazine with the use of colours red, white and black which again contrast well with each other as they are block colours and stand out from one another. The magazine has also sectioned what is in the magazine in groups so that it is clearer and easier for the reader to find what they are looking for and interested in (News, Radar, Reviews...). I like how the layout of the magazine is structured so that everything is spaced out and easy for the reader to find which something I would like to do in my contents page so that my magazine can be more appealing to my audience. In the bottom left hand corner, NME have highlighted  information in an arrow shape pointing inside the magazine which tells the reader to read on and find out what it is all about which indicates that it will be interesting and a must read for the audience. This would be something that I woukd like to do for my contents page as it catches the audiences eye immediately, especially when it is in a bright block colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment